2 – 4 – 6 – 8 RUNNING PROGRAM
This incremental running program is designed to gradually return you to normal running activities.
- Running is to be done 3 times a week, but NEVER on consecutive days.
- Runs will consist of running for a specific length of time, corresponding to the week.
- Each week you will increase running time by 2 minutes.
- A total of 3 runs will be completed each week.
- Don’t overdo it – run at a comfortable pace.
The program should be performed in this fashion:
- WEEK ONE: run for 2 minutes 3 times.
- WEEK TWO: run for 4 minutes 3 times.
- WEEK THREE: run for 6 minutes 3 times
- WEEK FOUR: run for 8 minutes 3 times.
- WEEK FIVE and BEYOND: continue increasing 2 minutes per week with three runs per week, until you reach your final desired distance.
If at any time during your program you experience pain, STOP. Ice the injured body part for at least 20 minutes. Do not continue with the program for one week. After the week of rest, continue with the last exercise time in which the entire week was completed without pain. If pain persists or recurs, contact Dr. Gardner’s office.
- Always stretch prior to running
- ICE for 20 – 30 minutes following exercise
WHAT WE OFFER
Conditions & Treatments