Knee injuries should never be ignored because they can cause abnormal gait and postural issues that may lead to pain in other places, like your lower back, hips, ankles, or feet. If you experience any of these symptoms, see the team for an evaluation:
- Decreased range of motion or stiffness
- Popping, clicking, or locking of your knee joint
- Swelling and bruising
- Tenderness to touch on or around your knee
- Feeling that your knee may give out or buckle
- Limping or difficulty walking
Mild discomfort can also signal an injury that, if left untreated, may become a bigger issue or cause chronic pain and dysfunction. If you experience knee pain for more than two or three days, it’s best to seek care at Gardner Orthopedics right away.